Re: Strap Sewing???

  • ciyd01
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 22, 2003
      Most of my hammocking requires very long tree huggers. I use 10 foot
      lengths of tubular webbing and have had one instance where one of
      those was just barely long enough. So the 72" versions from
      Hennessey would not work for me.

      I do not sew my webbing. I tie a loop in the ends with a water knot
      (this is just like an overhand knot except it is a 'follow through'
      knot that leaves a loop on the end). I use a wire gate climbing
      carabiner, the lightest I can find, on each end so that the support
      rope of the hammock does not saw through the tubular webbing. You
      could probably get by with PolyPro webbing instead of tubular, I just
      had 2 pieces that I retired from my climbing rack that I use.

      You can see an example in my pictures section of the setup I took on
      a beach camping trip.

      ciyd