Re: Repair kit

  • Risk
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 19, 2003
      >Chet Wrote:
      > I think the ideal repair kit would be a 5 x 10 foot piece of ripstop,

      ... you could tie up a spare hammock in no time,
      > and scarf the straps or ropes off of the damaged one.

      Hi Robert and Chet,

      I tend to think in longer term, I guess.

      My repair kit for a hammock consists of:
      -pad to sleep on the ground (I am already carrying it)
      -$10 bill: to get a ride to a fabric store and buy 3 1/3 yards of some
      cheap polyester cloth 48 inches wide. (Yep, I'd use the straps from
      the old one.)
      -phone card, to call home and have a spare hammock mailed to me
      Priority Mail in a couple days.

      However, shy of having a squirrel or mouse attack the hammock in my
      pack, or 4 fellow hikers sitting it it around a campfire, I do not
      anticipate any failure just from normal wear and tear.

      Risk