  • markbr_is
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 18, 2003
      Hello All and Season's Greetings to everyone,

      As has been said elsewhere, this is a great group. Thanks for all of
      the smiles and information that revolve around the outdoors and using
      hammocks.

      No I don't own a hammock yet so there has been very little for me to
      say here. This will hopefully be changing in the near future. I hail
      from the Toronto area and visit the outdoors mostly in Ontario.

      Shane and others are preparing information using Microsoft Excel.
      This spread sheet can be viewed using a free viewer available from
      http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/xlviewer.aspx As with most
      applications that are used in the computer world free viewers are
      normally available, a quick search of the internet will normally
      uncover the file type that you need to view.

      So thankyou all for making this information available to the group and
      now everyone can view the good work that you have posted.

      Best Regards to the Hammock Camping Group,

      Mark

      On 16 Dec 2003 at 14:01, Shane wrote:

      > > As you remember, we also made these calculations about a year
      ago.
      > > It
      > came
      > > up again 6 months ago. It was a mistake to not get something out

      . . . .

      > Will do. I've been meaning to get back to that too. I think for my
      > website I'll post the XL spreadsheet, but provide sample data for a
      > range of weights in 20 pound increments. Not everyone can run XL.
      >
      > Shane

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Risk
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 19, 2003
        Thanks Mark for the suggestion. It will help people who do not have
        Excel installed on their machines.

        Rick