Re: Hammock Camping Digest Number 32

  • Gregg Spoering
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2003
      Hi Paul,
      I actually wrote the wrong hammock down when I sent that email- the one
      I am interested in is the Extreme light racer a-sym (I am 6-3, 185 lbs,
      so this one seems more appropriate for my size). I read your review of
      the adventure racer a while ago. I am assuming that the ELRA-S is made
      similarly to the adventure racer (silnylon?) but according to the
      Hennessy site, same size as the ultralight backpacker (with a smaller
      tarp 80 x 125).
      The durability issue shouldn't be a problem. My gear is already
      ultralight, so I do take care with it. How do you make out in bad
      weather with the small tarp? (although yours is about 29 " narrower than
      the ELRA-S, 51 x 118). Also, can these lightweight models be set up on
      the ground if need be, like the others?
      best
      Gregg

      Message: 2
      Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 13:57:41 -0000
      From: "biker135803 <pjbucca@...>" <pjbucca@...>
      Subject: Greg (adventure racer)

      Greg,
      Look at my users report post on BPL Geartester under
      Hammocks/Adventure Racer for an appraisal of this jewel. In a nut
      shell, if you meet the maximum weight requirements (as Coy stated
      this is ambiguous-either 180 or 200 lbs) you should consider it. My
      only concern is its durability, however, it, like all Hennessey
      products, is well constructed. This is the only possible downside I
      see to it. Warning: it will levitate- secure it with ample weights!
      Paul