Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Rope tension

  • Shane
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 16, 2003
      > As you remember, we also made these calculations about a year ago. It
      came
      > up again 6 months ago. It was a mistake to not get something out on our
      sites
      > then.

      Agreed. I need to get my act back together. I've started making changes to
      the website again. I'm going to be posting some stuff in January, and
      working on the next part of 'Why Hammock?'. In February I hope to take some
      more pictures of some unique setups, and maybe some more video. I've been
      working on a hanging camp chair that can also be used as a hammock, although
      I have quite a way to go on that...

      > Though Wiki will not take the spreadsheet directly, it will take the
      output.
      > Please feel free to post a set of angle and tension measurements on the
      > Hammock Wiki! It would be cool to have someone else actually post
      > something there!

      Will do. I've been meaning to get back to that too. I think for my website
      I'll post the XL spreadsheet, but provide sample data for a range of weights
      in 20 pound increments. Not everyone can run XL.

      Shane