RE: Hammock Camping Franken pad and bride of Frankenpad

  • David Chinell
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 3, 2003
      Message
      Sarge:

      Didn't mean to get you side-tracked on the reflective heat issue (though I am glad to have someone more credible than me weigh in on it). You didn't answer my other question... How do you pack your super-wide closed-cell foam pad?

      Bear

    • Ernest Engman <ebengman@hikinghq.net>
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 3, 2003
        Doh,

        Sorry. I use a Moonbow Gearskin, so I don't roll up my pad. Instead I
        put the two layer part against my back and pack it like a Taco,
        compression straps on the side close the wings like side panels. You
        can see the pics of my gearskin and get the idea at:
        http://hikinghq.net/gear/moonbow_gearskin.html

        SGT Rock

        <dchinell@m...> wrote:
        > MessageSarge:
        >
        > Didn't mean to get you side-tracked on the reflective heat issue
        (though I
        > am glad to have someone more credible than me weigh in on it). You
        didn't
        > answer my other question... How do you pack your super-wide closed-
        cell foam
        > pad?
        >
        > Bear
      • David Chinell