Wind Speed & Wind Chill Factors

  • dpwomble@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 16, 2003
      While I was looking around the web I came across some interesting
      tidbits that some of you may not be aware of. First, they changed
      the Wind Chill Charts back in 2001 and second, there is an estimate
      that the wind speed at 5 feet above the ground is one-third the wind
      speed at 33 feet above the ground. So, when you are in your hammock
      this winter and you hear the wind howling, you can take some comfort
      in the fact that it is only blowing about one-third as bad as it
      sounds where you are at. The info I saw is at:
      http://tinyurl.com/zgql

      Youngblood
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 16, 2003
        Message
        Interesting Youngblood--you do keep us all grounded in the REAL numbers!  ...Ed