Re: Rope tension

  • polecatpop
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 15, 2003
      What a great group

      Yes, These are dead weight static values. They should be considered
      a starting value for any real safety factors etc. Obviously Ed and
      Tom with their respective geniuses have already taken into account
      dynamic loading and safety factors.
      I thought it was just a way to see what stress we were putting on
      the tree.

      If I understand Daves point, it doesn't matter how tight I hang my
      HH, the required sag is set by the ridge line. As long as I get the
      ridge line tight, but not to tight, all should be well.

      What a group, thanks for all the input

      Ralph

      > Ralph,
      >
      > You may or may not be aware of this so pardon me if you already
      knew
      > this. The Hennessy Hammock that you are using is fundamentaly
      > different from the Speer Hammock (and probable most others as
      well)
      > in that it incorporates an integral hammock ridgeline. This
      integral
      > hammock ridgeline sets the sag of the hammock and in practice
      makes
      > the sag of the hammock support lines a non-issue, except for the
      hammock
      > ridgeline. I think the stretch in the nylon tree huggers on the
      HH

      <polecatpop@y...>