down allergies

  • Vera Lehmkuhl
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 15, 2003

      >Risk and Coy Boy,
      thanks you guys for the encouragement! NOT...I know I
      am just resigned to the fact i have to be
      downless...so have to work on finding the best combo
      of clothes and bag and shelter to work in the winter
      for me with best weight. The new down proof bag worked
      pretty well...better than anything else til about the
      middle of the night then uhoh...sniff sniff..had to
      throw it off me to breath! :) luckily i was testing it
      in my cold apartment...:) so does quest have primaloft
      fabric? I am going to have to start paying more
      attention to everyones specs on R values etc, etc...:0
      thanks all
      vera

      I did some allergy practice years ago. If you are
      allergic to the down
      or duck dandruff, the molecules that drift around and
      cause your
      problem
      are small enough that the ripstop is no barrier to
      them. It does not
      matter that the cloth is down proof. Since it would be
      intolerable to
      have a vapor barrier between you and the bag, I
      believe you are stuck
      using the best synthetic you can find.

      http://photos.yahoo.com/
    • ciyd@attbi.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 16, 2003
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Vera Lehmkuhl <vjl_47@y...>
        wrote:
        > so does quest have primaloft
        > fabric?

        Vera,

        OWFINC.com has Primaloft in two different weights, 4 oz and 6 oz.
        The 4 oz has .8" of loft and the 6 oz has 1.3" of loft. It comes in
        batts and is pretty easy to work with.

        ciyd