synthetic insulation

  • gwelker@chesapeake.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 14, 2003
      Regarding synthetic bags and insulation, I do almost all of my camping via
      kayak, so always use a synthetic bag. Best instulation on the market at
      this time that I'm aware of is Polarguard 3D. Best combination of weight,
      compressibility/expandability and warmth. My wife's zero degree bag made
      with this weighs about 3 lb 2 oz.

      I have heard from some people that if you get the better quality down there
      is less allergic reaction. Supposedly the higher the fill rating the
      better the quality and the less the part of the feathers that causes the
      allergy problems. My wife is allergic, but won't let me experiment to find
      out :)

      http://mail2web.com/ .