Re: 2 cents...

  • Lenny Nichols
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2003

      I already had the hammock rigged for sleeping and was cooking dinner when the storm swept in. I basically just grabbed everything and moved under the hammock. I do mostly boil & eat too. I've used the hammock as a chair, and that works great! I'll have to experiment with a platform for the stove. I don't currently use a canister for food.

      Lenny Nichols

      rosaleen43@... wrote:

      Please appease my curiosity.  Why did you sit on the ground instead of your
      folded over hammock body?  I hope you have caught on that you can fold the
      hanging hammock body in half and use it as a sling chair or open lounger.  Maybe
      you needed a platform to set a stove on so that you could reach your food.  I
      have one of Valcour's "Stealth Can" animal resistant canisters.  (Luxury Lite
      Gear)  That is what I use to set my stove on as I cook under my fly and sit in
      the hammock. There is  luxury!