RE: [Hammock Camping] Re: Winter hammock

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 12, 2003
      Message
      Righ, Deb, we talked about this before.  A quilted hammock bottom would probably work wonderfully if the hammock fabric were extra strong, ie heavy.  In fact, I've recently seen one at Sam's Club (backyard version).  Greg, it could be done for backpacking, but at the cost of extra weight and the hammock would only be useful now for winter camping.  It's an intriguing idea and I hope to work on a design in the future...Ed