RE: Hammock Camping New Guy

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2003
      Message

      Welcome Charlie--glad to have you onboard.  Happy Hammocking...Ed
      Hi, I'm Charlie Swanson.  Long time camper, kind of new to
      hammocks.  Got introduced, through Boy Scouts, last summer and just
      bought a "new"/used Crazy Crib, with tarp, from a guy for $20.  I
      haven't had a chance to try it yet, but will as soon as it warms up.
      I'm in Southern Ohio, and it's pretty cold here right now.
      I used a Hennessy last year, and liked everything except the closed
      in feeling.  I think I'll like the hammock/tarp better.  Most of my
      previous camping was with a tarp, and I like the openess (it may be
      trying to make up for 22 years of submarine service in the Navy :-)
      I'm looking forward to picking up some good ideas.

      Charlie Swanson
      Lucasville, OH