Re: [Hammock Camping] Digest Number 354

  • Lenny Nichols
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2003

      My two cents, too... on the Hennessy in the rain. I got an Explorer Ultralite A-Sym from Rosaleen earlier this year. I used it for week in Colorado this summer and it rained every evening except one. One evening we were in a torrential downpour with lightning strikes within a quarter mile of us. I sat on the ground on a pad, cooked, ate dinner and watched the show. Didn't get wet at all. No moisture inside the hammock either.

      Thanks Rosaleen! Using this hammock resulted in the most comfortable sleep I've had in 25+ years of backpacking.

      BTW, I just looked at the Hennessy web site. I see that they are giving away an oversize 10'x12' rainfly with every order for a regular stock hammock between now and December 31st. Almost makes me wish I needed another hammock.

      Lenny Nichols, PMP