Re: Hammock Camping New Guy

  • Chet Clocksin
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2003
      Hey Charlie, Welcome!
      I'd like to hear how you like the crazy crib once you get a chance to use it. I have a Hennessey, and have only actually slept in it once ( about a week ago, 18 degrees!) but I was comfy. I saw the Crazy Crib with tarp online for $39, and looks nice. My only concerns are that the fly looks like a bit of a hassle to set up, and the hammock looks like it would really wrap you up like a cocoon. The tarp does look like it would provide better coverage than the HH though.
      Chet

      Charlie Swanson wrote:
      Hi, I'm Charlie Swanson.  Long time camper, kind of new to
      hammocks.  Got introduced, through Boy Scouts, last summer and just
      bought a "new"/used Crazy Crib, with tarp, from a guy for $20.  I
      haven't had a chance to try it yet, but will as soon as it warms up.
      I'm in Southern Ohio, and it's pretty cold here right now.
      I used a Hennessy last year, and liked everything except the closed
      in feeling.  I think I'll like the hammock/tarp better.  Most of my
      previous camping was with a tarp, and I like the openess (it may be
      trying to make up for 22 years of submarine service in the Navy :-)
      I'm looking forward to picking up some good ideas.

      Charlie Swanson
      Lucasville, OH

    • Chet Clocksin