[Hammock Camping] Re: Coy....a question

  • Coy
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 8, 2003
      Robert

      Oh well. The Hilleberg BivAnorac was a little spendy so this might
      be a good project. 1.1 oz sil-nylon aught to do the trick. A
      poncho/pack cover long enough to surround the hammock but with a
      way to fasten the long tail up so as not to inpede walking. A way
      to fasten the bottom end to keep out wind also. how does the
      hilleberg fasten out of the way for walking? Once made it will need
      a name. How about HammockHoncho?

      Coy Boy
      PS summer will be to late LOL

      -- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Robert Moore <simva4040@y...>
      wrote:
      > The Packa is cool and I met Cedar Tree (owner/developer) 2 months
      ago on a section hike from Clingmans to Fontana on the AT....I like
      the Packa a lot and I did see him model it for all at the shelter
      but I dont think it is long enough to envelope the system you and I
      are talking about. It appears to be idea for hiking in the rain-and
      I mean a hard rain but I hate to carry anything anymore that only
      has one use. The best thing about the Packa (you probably know this)
      is that it is a pack cover that becomes a poncho without taking it
      off, just reach up and pull the rest of the machine out....and there
      is no way rain can leak down your back or neck with the Packa...so
      I'm thinking that it will be good when I am using the
      taco/underquilt, i.e. periods when the temp wont be in the teens,
      and at those temps I'll be with the other system.....wooooah I'm
      outta breath from that one.

      <simva4040@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > Did you see my positing the potential use of the Hilleberg
      > BivAnorak
      > > as a RiskPod? I'm just trying to used stuff laying around and
      the
      > > BivAnorak is a constant companion on day hikes...stopped
      carrying
      > > rain jacket in leiu of it since it can also be shelter if needed
      > > be. Just wondering if you thought any about it....I will put it
      > over
      > > the Pon/Crib combo Wed. night.
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Service.