Re: what to choose

  • starnescr <starnescr@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2003
      Consider the Byers of Main modle with the solid nylon bottom. I
      think Campmor has it for under $20. It weighs under a pound. Add a
      cheap 8 x 10 tarp (heavy) and bug netting for rain and bugs. One
      reason the hammocks like the Spear and HH are as expensive as they
      are is the tarp. Light weight tarps are expensive. You could also
      check out the DIY material Ed has on his site. Hope this helps.

      Coy Boy

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "SG <stgga@y...>"
      <stgga@y...> wrote:
      > I'll spare you the story. Bottomline question: most economical
      > hammock solution. I want to get units for myself and 3 sons. I've
      > looked at: treeboat, Dryad, speer, and hennessy. comments about
      the
      > best deal etc would be appreciated.
    • David Chinell
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 31, 2003
        Check the Hennessy site for special sales on "color
        overruns" of the expedition model, or closeouts of obsolete
        models. This will get you the cheapest complete hammock
        system, if not the lightest.

        The other route -- buying a simple solid cloth hammock and
        adding the bug netting and tarp components yourself can be
        just as light, maybe a little less expensive, but will take
        longer.

        Bear

        I'll spare you the story. Bottomline question: most
        economical
        hammock solution. I want to get units for myself and 3 sons.
        I've
        looked at: treeboat, Dryad, speer, and hennessy. comments
        about the
        best deal etc would be appreciated.

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/