RE: [Hammock Camping] Waiting with bated breath!

  • ra1@imrisk.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 3, 2003
      Quoting Ed Speer <info@...>:

      > What are you using for insulation in the TravelPod Rick? ...Ed

      Over: down quilt made from 12 oz of down
      Under: 8 oz pack with heavy duty plastic bag inside

      The night before, I was even warmer when I added my 10x10 foot silnylon tarp.
      It tends to expand a lot when it is outside of a stuff sack and breaks up the
      space into different chambers that each have their own convection cells. That
      is the sort of insulation I will be using for the very cold experiments.

      On Friday, I will see what happens when heavy snow comes down without a tarp.
      The top of the hammock will be sealed by the TravelPod and may allow the snow
      just to fall off. What I don't know is if the surface will get warm enough to
      allow the snow to stick.

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 3, 2003
        Message
        Best of luck Steve--let us know how it goes this weekend...Ed