what to choose

  • SG <stgga@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2003
      I'll spare you the story. Bottomline question: most economical
      hammock solution. I want to get units for myself and 3 sons. I've
      looked at: treeboat, Dryad, speer, and hennessy. comments about the
      best deal etc would be appreciated.
    • starnescr <starnescr@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 31, 2003
        Consider the Byers of Main modle with the solid nylon bottom. I
        think Campmor has it for under $20. It weighs under a pound. Add a
        cheap 8 x 10 tarp (heavy) and bug netting for rain and bugs. One
        reason the hammocks like the Spear and HH are as expensive as they
        are is the tarp. Light weight tarps are expensive. You could also
        check out the DIY material Ed has on his site. Hope this helps.

        Coy Boy

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "SG <stgga@y...>"
        <stgga@y...> wrote:
        > I'll spare you the story. Bottomline question: most economical
        > hammock solution. I want to get units for myself and 3 sons. I've
        > looked at: treeboat, Dryad, speer, and hennessy. comments about
        the
        > best deal etc would be appreciated.
      • David Chinell
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 31, 2003
          Check the Hennessy site for special sales on "color
          overruns" of the expedition model, or closeouts of obsolete
          models. This will get you the cheapest complete hammock
          system, if not the lightest.

          The other route -- buying a simple solid cloth hammock and
          adding the bug netting and tarp components yourself can be
          just as light, maybe a little less expensive, but will take
          longer.

          Bear

          I'll spare you the story. Bottomline question: most
          economical
          hammock solution. I want to get units for myself and 3 sons.
          I've
          looked at: treeboat, Dryad, speer, and hennessy. comments
          about the
          best deal etc would be appreciated.

          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/