Psolar Balaclava in a hammock (or a tent)

  • Risk
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2003
      Just a note about the Psolar balaclava. I have been using the head
      gear in my cold weather experiments and have been very favorably
      impressed with the reduction in condensation inside the hammock.

      Even with the TravelPod completely closed last night, there was no
      frozen and no liquid condensation that I could find anywhere near my
      head this morning. This was on a night with not much wind.

      The filter on the balaclava works by collecting moisture from the
      exhaled breath and then moistening the inhaled breath. It can be used
      when mouth breathing or nose breathing, as long as the balaclava is
      over the nose.

      I have no connection with the company, except that I am evaluating it
      for the Backpack Gear Test group right now.

      The BGT tests have just begun. They can be followed here:
      http://tinyurl.com/xk9h

      The Psolar web page is here:
      http://tinyurl.com/xk9s

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2003
        Message
        Thanks for the update on the Psolar Risk.  It sounds very promissing--keep us informed as your test prgresses...Ed