down socks

  • upricon
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2003
      I was interested to see the down socks that Exped will be making. I
      think this is a good thing for hammock sleepers. They come with
      overboots that you can slip on when nature calls or when you are just
      walking around the campsite. All together they only weigh 6 ozs.
      For just the socks alone I would guess about 3 ozs. If you are like
      me when they weather gets down into the 20's and you lie in your
      hammock with feet slightly elevated they get cold.

      Todd Homchick
    • subypower
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2003
        well i doubt they will be any better than thick wool socks, the down
        booties will compress to easily.

        white knight