Garlington insulator

  • Gregg Spoering
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 30, 2003
      Hello all,
      I'm over from the BPL list and been lurking for a while. Have gotten
      interested in hammocks lately, although I don't have one yet. Looking
      towards a Hennessy Racer A-sym or something equally light. (Would
      appreciate comments about this model from someone who might be
      experienced)
      I've been following some of the talk about the Garlington insulator.
      Couldn't a silnylon poncho (long pack cover style) be adapted for this
      for dual use?
      best
      Gregg
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 30, 2003
        Message
        Yes Greg, we're all interested in multiple-use pack gear and a poncho/pack cover/hammock bottom shell sounds like a great idea.  It could also serve as a ground cloth for those times when one is forced to set up on the ground...Ed

      • starnescr <starnescr@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 31, 2003
          Greg

          I do not personally own the adventure racer. At 230 I might break
          it. A friend has on and it is nice. He can pack his 3/4 ultralite
          Therm-a-Rest and the Adventure Racer in the stuff sack it came in.
          Must of been a regular size stuff sack for the regular ultralite HH.

          A few have complained that the tarp is non-removable. Not really a
          big deal IMHO just pull the fly from the top or bottom end over
          itself so that only your face, or feet, depending on which way you
          went, are covered. I think I have seen conflicting weight ratings on
          it. #180 and #200. It is so light it is hard to believe it would
          hold much over #100 but I witnessed a guy slightly ove #200 get in
          it. If you are under #200 I'd say it would work for you. Much over
          and you'd be pushing its strenght.

          Coy Boy

          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Gregg Spoering