RE: [Hammock Camping] TearInMosquitoNetting

  • robi dawson
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2003
      As the father of a 7 year old, a 10 year old to be and an 11 year old i say take here out now and corrupt her! make sure she learns to love nature before barbie radio gets to her --- what is that BTW?

      robi

      At 04:08 PM 12/1/03 -0600, you wrote:

      All material still there. Mom fixed it. I learned a lesson about energetic 7 year olds and where they belong and DON T belong. But it s clear she s got that Serious Outdoor Gene, and am thinking of snitching her for a vacation in a couple of years to help her direct that wonderful energy and otherwise corrupt her young mind. Get her away from Barbie Radio, etc&

      Kim, sorry you got cold. We will talk soon.

      Marsanne

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2003

        Robi,

        I totally agree, but she’s my niece, not my daughter, she lives 250 miles away, and I am probably about to move even farther away because of a job (or jobs) I expect to be offered. When I get settled, I will look into getting her on a plane with me and going to Colorado or the Grand Canyon or some other magnificent place that will make her forget all about Barbie, etc.  I was making a joke about Barbie Radio. It’s a girl’s alarm clock that plays a jingle that sings “This is Barbie Radio”.  Once when I spent the night in her room while visiting my brother, over a holiday, it came on at 6am and I didn’t know how to turn it off.  She is obsessed with all things Barbie. I was not that kind of kid…

        Back to something resembling a topic…I am the eldest of 5 children and our father, who is now in a nursing home, taught each of us to love the outdoors. We have inherited family farmland and we had a cabin there when I was growing up. My youngest brother and his son go hunting there. The more kids are outdoors, the better, in my opinion. I would really like to get my niece a camping hammock but I think she would tear it up. I am going to wait until I have her on a camping trip and can teach her how to sleep in it without turning it into a swing set.

        Marsanne

        .