RE: [Hammock Camping] TearInMosquitoNetting

  • firefly
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003

      All material still there. Mom fixed it. I learned a lesson about energetic 7 year olds and where they belong and DON’T belong. But it’s clear she’s got that Serious Outdoor Gene, and am thinking of snitching her for a vacation in a couple of years to help her direct that wonderful energy and otherwise corrupt her young mind. Get her away from Barbie Radio, etc…

      Kim, sorry you got cold. We will talk soon.

      Marsanne

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2003
        As the father of a 7 year old, a 10 year old to be and an 11 year old i say take here out now and corrupt her! make sure she learns to love nature before barbie radio gets to her --- what is that BTW?

        robi

        At 04:08 PM 12/1/03 -0600, you wrote:

        All material still there. Mom fixed it. I learned a lesson about energetic 7 year olds and where they belong and DON T belong. But it s clear she s got that Serious Outdoor Gene, and am thinking of snitching her for a vacation in a couple of years to help her direct that wonderful energy and otherwise corrupt her young mind. Get her away from Barbie Radio, etc&

        Kim, sorry you got cold. We will talk soon.

        Marsanne

        Needle and thread will work.  Better is a zigzag stitch with a machine about 3
        mm wide and 1 mm long.  If all the material is still there, a patch is probably
        not necessary.

        When I heard about the child playing in the hammock, I wondered how it might
        turn out.

        Rick

        Quoting canoetrip_2000 <firefly@...>:

        > It's official: The kids are now banned from the HH.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        bb324.jpg
        bb3f2.jpg

      • firefly
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2003

          Robi,

          I totally agree, but she’s my niece, not my daughter, she lives 250 miles away, and I am probably about to move even farther away because of a job (or jobs) I expect to be offered. When I get settled, I will look into getting her on a plane with me and going to Colorado or the Grand Canyon or some other magnificent place that will make her forget all about Barbie, etc.  I was making a joke about Barbie Radio. It’s a girl’s alarm clock that plays a jingle that sings “This is Barbie Radio”.  Once when I spent the night in her room while visiting my brother, over a holiday, it came on at 6am and I didn’t know how to turn it off.  She is obsessed with all things Barbie. I was not that kind of kid…

          Back to something resembling a topic…I am the eldest of 5 children and our father, who is now in a nursing home, taught each of us to love the outdoors. We have inherited family farmland and we had a cabin there when I was growing up. My youngest brother and his son go hunting there. The more kids are outdoors, the better, in my opinion. I would really like to get my niece a camping hammock but I think she would tear it up. I am going to wait until I have her on a camping trip and can teach her how to sleep in it without turning it into a swing set.

          Marsanne

          .