Re: Underquilt thought

  • chcoa
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 23, 2003
      Hi Steve,

      I did this with my "underquilt". I put it in quotes becuase what
      mine really is is a neatsheet cut to fit my HH with elastic cord
      running along the sides, no insulation to speak of unless I add some
      like the GI Insulator does. Anyway, what I did was instead of
      running the elastic cord along the entire length of each side I have
      it going about half way. I then crisscross it over the ridge line in
      kind of big X and tie it to the cord on the other side. It hold the
      middle of the neatsheet right up to the hammock body. I cut two
      small holes in the neatsheet wear the side cords for the HH come
      out. It worked pretty well so far. But I haven't tried it in any
      major wind and the coldest night was about 45 F.

      Jamie in AZ

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "nazdarovye" <nazdarovye@y...>
      wrote:
      > I've been considering making an underquilt for my Hennessy Hammock,
      > and had a thought as I was browsing various posts and pictures: has
      > anyone tried attaching grosgrain ribbon or elastic cord to a few
      > points along the side of the underquilt, running over the top of the
      > hammock and ridge line, and attaching to the other side?
      >
      > This would make the unerquilt sort of like an upside-down Arc
      Alpinist