Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Tree Top Camping

    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 22, 2003
      Matthew Takeda wrote:
      Patrick wrote:

       One quick
      question though, do I have to worry about breakdown of the clothing
      (or especially hammock) fibers, depending on the concentration I use?

      The long discussion of permethrin was in BPL last June. Check the archives
      over there. Fabric breakdown shouldn't be a concern.

      - Matthew Takeda
      - the JOAT

      I second what Matthew Takeda said,  permethrin does not cause breakdown of fabrics.  Deet (or the chemicals it is dispersed in) does.  It should not be applied to nylon or polyester.