I'm Out of Lurking

  • Dave Rust
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 20, 2003
      Hi all. I've been lurking for the past few weeks--reading as many
      of the posts as I could. This really is a GREAT site! I bought a
      Hennessy Ultra Light for my AT thru-hike attempt in 2002 (made to
      Newfound Gap). Then I used it mainly as a backup/emergency shelter,
      staying in shelters most of the time. The one night I did set it
      up was at Gooch Gap. Looking back, it was the best night sleep of
      the bunch. I'm now planning on some long distance hiking late next
      year. Due to the lack of shelters, I'm seriously considering taking
      the hammock again, only this time it will be THE shelter. I've
      learned a lot from everyone on this site and my confidence in the
      hammock is growing. One question for Ed. Is it too late to sign up
      for the overnight this weekend in South Carolina? If not, I'd like
      to participate. Anyway, that's about all for now. Looking forward
      to learning a lot more. Dave
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 20, 2003
        Message
        Welcome Dave--glad you found us.  We'd love to have you join us this weekend.  You can just show up at the trailhead--we depart about noon on Saturday.  Let me know if you need any more info.  Also let me know if you do plan to attend the hike, so we can keep a lookout for you....Ed  828-724-4444  ed@...