Re: Need recommendation on tarp

  • rosaleen43@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2003
      Hi, Guy-

      I haven't found the fly coverage on a Hennessy to be a problem.  You may, of course, wish to pursue a larger tarp for several reasons, but consider looking at how your current tarp is pitched.  You may need to pull it out more at the sides, at the ends, or lower the tarp angle.  There was one really windy rainy night that I was too lazy to do any of the above and just shifted position away form the offending area.  Then I was sheltered again.

      Rosaleen

      Guys &Gals,

      -snip-

      Now for my dilemma.  It rained some Sunday morning and the rainfly
      for the HH just didn't cover like I wanted.  I found rain dripping
      inside the hammock with me.  It would appear that the tarp needs to
      be larger.  I am debating between a 8x10 silnylon tarp and a 10x12
      silnylon tarp.  Any recommendations?  Would also appreciate any
      comments on the Blue Ridge camping hammock.