parachute nylon (was Re: For Mirage (Shane Bryan)

  • gregg spoering
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 10, 2003
      Shane,
      Sorry I've been so slow getting back to you on this, but I was away
      backpacking in the Adirondacks this weekend and I'm just catching up on
      email now (no hammocking though- too cold and windy :-(
      Anyway, I haven't even unrolled the fabric yet to check it out, but I'll
      do it in the next couple of days and report back. Supposedly the flaws
      are cosmetic and barely noticeble, if at all.

      Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 18:09:37 -0000
      From: "Mirage" <web_dawg@...>
      Subject: parachute nylon (was Re: For Mirage (Shane Bryan)

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, gregg spoering
      > Shane,
      > Try this company- very low prices for silnylon and uncoated 1 oz
      ripstop
      > parachute 2nds. Not all colors are available all the time though.
      Just
      > bought some silver gray silnylon for tarps, Brown for ponchos and
      > uncoated olive drab for experimenting with a double bottom Speer
      > hammock. Just $2.75/ yd in orders of 10 yds or more.
      > http://www.noahlamport.com/
      > best,
      > Gregg

      Hey Gregg, Thanks for the link. Have you received the 2nds yet?
      What, if any, are the quality or color flaws that make these seconds?

      Again, I always appreciate new links to good prices on fabric.

      Shane "Mirage"...