November 2003 Issue of Hammock Camping News

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 29, 2003
      The Nov issue of Hammock Camping News was just posted online and sent
      out to subscribers! The feature article is Sleeping Pads for
      Hammocks.

      Our next upcoming Southeast Hammock Hangers campout is announced in
      the Nov issue--this overnight campout with 10 mi hike is scheduled
      for Nov 22-23, the weekend before Thanksgiving. A full announcement
      will be posted to this list later today.

      Sign up to receive the free monthly e-newsletters at:
      or send an email to: Hammock_Camping_News-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      All Hammock Camping News e-zines are also available for free viewing
      by non-subscribers--See the Nov issue FREE at:
      http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/Nov2003.htm

      ...Ed
    • Risk
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 29, 2003
        Great issue Ed! Pads make a great topic for the month, given the
        weather. Stay warm and dry!

        > The Nov issue of Hammock Camping News was just posted online and sent
        > out to subscribers! The feature article is Sleeping Pads for
        > Hammocks.

        Otherwise,

        Nothing much to report here on the hammock scene. Other than the one
        week back in early October, we have had no weather below freezing up
        in Ohio.

        I did purchase a Jeep Wrangler to be able to get to more trail heads
        (License plate: IMRISK.) I've been working on fixing that a little. I
        have no fear that cold weather will move in on us soon.

        Rick
      • ciyd01
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 29, 2003
          Our long range weather forecast (isn't that an oxymoron?) is for SNOW
          on Sunday. At 200' above sea level. Better get working on the new
          underquilt so I can try it out at home!

          Woo hoo! Cold weather testing in my own back yard.

          ciyd
          <off her meds and out of therapy, can ya tell?>

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 29, 2003
              Message
              Thanks Rick, It's always a relief to get the newsletter done--now I can catch up on some other EOM stuff.  Ya better watch out--cold weather is probably sneaking up on ya right now!  ...Ed