Re: Binder clips (was: First Hammock Camping experience)

  • Yellow Jacket
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 26, 2003
      Consider taking two small black office binder clips (weigh a couple of grams
      each) with you. I use them to hold my wind screen together around my stove
      setup and they make perfect clothes pins. With 2 clips, I can hold my
      pants, shirt and socks across the top my netting (foot end) under the fly.
      This allows them to dry a bit and I don't have to worry about anything
      falling to the ground (or on my person if I put them on the internal
      ridgeline) during the evening from wind or bouncing while I wriggle into my
      silk sheets and bag.

      Yellow Jacket
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 27, 2003
        Another use for binder clips: I brought some on my recent Long Trail
        hike so that I could attach my Tyvek ground cloth to the bottom of my
        hammock like a Garlington insulator if it got cold. Never needed to
        use them, but I would have gathered the ends of the Tyvek and clipped
        them to the hammock, inserting dry leaves or spare clothes for
        insulation. Did use the Tyvek for tarping on the ground one night.

        DebW

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Yellow Jacket"