Re: Artic Sheild ?

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 24, 2003
      Coy, this is my opinion. After quickly looking at Arctic Shield's
      products I am still a skeptic. The overboot demonstration looks
      impressive, but Sealskinz socks or any type of waterproof insulation
      used as an overboot would keep you warmer also. I couldn't pick out
      how they had applied any type of radiant reflector to the overboot
      that would actually reflect radiant heat. If you sandwich an
      aluminum material between two opaque materials, you are not
      reflecting radiant heat... you are absorbing it and I believe you
      could sandwich a sheet of plastic between two opaque materials and
      get the same insulative results. Radiant reflectors work wonderfully
      when they are applied correctly but don't do anything special in the
      wrong application. In this case I think all you have is a waterproof
      insulator, I don't see how reflective material is doing anything for
      you.

      Dave