Re: Prussik Knot and others

  • Coy
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 18, 2003
      Skylander

      This also depends a lot on which hammock and which pack you use.
      Like cyid and others, I put my pack under the hammock. If I am
      expecting rain I take a bag to put it in. If I get supprised I use
      what I have to manage. The other night I used my Frogg Togg top to
      help protect my pack. It worked pretty good. I saw what Dave did
      and it works better than most as far as efficeincy. He hung his
      food bag and this left very little other stuff. He put his pack in
      between the 2 layers of his Speer type hammock at the foot end. he
      had some rope to keep it from sliding to the center. This saved
      using a full length pad for mild weather. Of course it works good
      because the pack was a breeze and had no stifff susmension
      components. Might not work as good with my GG Nimbus Ozone.

      Coy Boy