Re: underquilts and such

  • Mirage
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 15, 2003
      Simva,

      Thanks for the compliments, and kudos to you on your GI Taco for the HH.

      I too worked up a version that had a slit for the HH, but found that I really don't need it.
      I found it is very workable to simply have the hammock out of the taco, get in throught
      the slit, reach out the slit and pull the closest edge of the taco under my butt and up the
      other side, thus enclosing the hammock. Egress is done in reverse. This works well with
      my version that has shock corded side edges.

      Likewise, I too have been looking at the Feathered Friends Winter Wren as a great pea-
      pod/ground bag/quilt combo idea and am planning my next under/over quilt design to
      incorporate the same ideas (drawstring foot, top/center zipper, down, etc). I'll probably
      forgo the arm holes and hood and replace the zipper with velcro to simplify the design.

      You can see what I'm talking about here: http://featheredfriends.com/
      ProductDetails.aspx?productId=84&CatId=1&ProductName=Winter%20Wren

      Shane "Mirage"...