RE: Hammock Camping Re: Measuring temperatures in a hammock

  • Patrick Harper
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 6, 2003
      I have to admit that I was getting quite a bit of a visual myself...  Not the good kind, either! :)

      Not to add to Coy's visuals, but ....

      IR probes require a black surface to get an accurate measurement.
      So, are you painting your butt black to get an accurate reading?  Are
      you using a sharpie marker?

      Your surfaces should all have the same emmissivity (spelling?) to get
      really accurate measurements.  Black paint or tape works, marker is
      acceptable.  Non-shiny is preferred.