Re: Hammock Camping WoodGas Stove

  • Ray Garlington
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 6, 2003
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Risk" <ra1@i...> wrote:
      > I have posted to the new stove group that Shane began below. Weight
      > is 2.75 oz. For the details, see the post and my new page.

      OOPS. I just announced in bpl. Anyhow, over the weekend, I messed
      around with scaling the stove up and also tried some other pot
      holding contraptions. (Rick -- I like your little clips. My best
      this weekend was some D shaped clips that slip into holes punched
      just below the rim. Pictures to come.)

      Going to a 4" can results in much higher power, but you need about 6
      inches of stove height to give the smoke time to burn. With a 4"
      diameter can, 4" high there is too much smoke to suit me. I also
      used a #10 can which results in a fine fire for patio warming, but it
      flames up about 10" above the can. No smoke, unless you put a pot
      above it, which quenches the flame.