Re: Hammock Camping Newbie.. I have some questions..

  • Steve McBride
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2003
      First, buy Ed Speer's book on hammock camping. Then take a look at Rick's (Risk's) site: http://www.imrisk.com/

      Steve M

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2003
        Steve McBride wrote:

        > First, buy Ed Speer's book on hammock camping. Then take a look at
        > Rick's (Risk's) site: http://www.imrisk.com/
        >
        > Steve M

        Dittos! Read Ed's book first. Read Ed's book first. Read Ed's book
        first.

        In case you do not know a bookstore where you can buy it, it is here:

        http://www.hammockcamping.com/

        A couple specific pages you may want to read afterward are:

        http://www.imrisk.com/hammock/ultraquarterweight.htm

        and

        http://www.imrisk.com/hammock/ultrahammockkit.htm

        Have fun.

        Risk
      • Bror8588@AOL.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 7, 2003
          In a message dated 10/5/03 14:47:59 Eastern Daylight Time, bama_cyberphoenix@... writes:

          I am trying to find out  how to build a great hammock for camping  and or Backpacking, that is  Bug protected too..
          Anybody has info or websites on the how to's, the what when and why??
          What  kind of fabric?, Can I make this using a normal sewing machine? What kind of rope or cord is good?
          I weigh about 250  to 260, and I am 5'11", I'm a big guy  so I want it to be strong and comfortable, and  be rain proof or resistant  I was looking at some sights  that are premade, But they are rather exspensive. Also do they  or can I make one that  has like poles that you can clip on both side like a tent, and perhaps make it like a tent, with a all weather fly trap? that way I can read a good book in case of a rainy night.. grin.

          It sounds like you could use a Clarks Jungle Hammock.  It has all the features you desire.

          Skylander