Newbie.. I have some questions..

  • R.J. Baynum
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2003
      I am trying to find out how to build a great hammock for camping and or Backpacking, that is Bug protected too..
      Anybody has info or websites on the how to's, the what when and why??
      What kind of fabric?, Can I make this using a normal sewing machine? What kind of rope or cord is good?
      I weigh about 250 to 260, and I am 5'11", I'm a big guy so I want it to be strong and comfortable, and be rain proof or resistant I was looking at some sights that are premade, But they are rather exspensive. Also do they or can I make one that has like poles that you can clip on both side like a tent, and perhaps make it like a tent, with a all weather fly trap? that way I can read a good book in case of a rainy night.. grin.

      thanks for any info!

      ---
      R.J. Baynum
      Envision Imaging
      The Photographer..

      Yahoo chat- FSJHoncho
      ICQ # 292390693
      Visit just some of my Photos, I did in my Travels and Walk-abouts
      in the USA, still going! Since 1990!
      http://community.webshots.com/user/uncouth_heathen
      Home page: http://www.geocities.com/rj_cyberphoenix/Cyber_Phoenix.html
      http://www.loveaccess.com, user profile,"CyberPhoenix"
      http://www.onemodelplace.com, User ID: 18262
      Owner of yahoogroups..
      for your naughty side..
      These groups I took over for a friend that is traveling...
      As Always, ..No spam, Just good Clean fun!