ALDHA The Gathering Oct 10-12

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2003
      Karen and I are off to The Gathering tomorrow--yes, it's not til the
      10th, but we're leaving early to visit family on the way. This is
      the long-distance hikers' annual gathering--in New Hamshire this
      year. Karen's giving a workshop on mail drop supply boxes and I'm
      giving workshops on How to Make a Hammock and How to Stay Warm in a
      Hammock. Hope to see some of you hangers up there! We will be back
      online on the 15th, but will be reading each post every day via
      pocketmail. You kids 'have now while we're gone...Ed
    • Karen
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2003
        If you want more info on ALDHA and the Gathering, go to
        http://www.aldha.org

        The Gathering itself is only $10 for the whole weekend - three packed
        days of workshops, slideshows, etc. An ALDHA membership is only $7 a
        year - also a bargain! ALDHA welcomes everyone - long distance
        hikers, section hikers, weekenders, dreamers and even people who just
        like hanging out with those nuts.

        Hope to see you there. I better get packed before Ed figures out I
        haven't even started! Yikes!

        Karen