Re: Hammock Camping Re: new group

  • David Anderson
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 2, 2003
      At 03:48 AM 10/3/2003 +0000, you wrote:

      >Well I pond fish what little fishing I do and about the biggest
      >thing I can expect to catch is a cat maybe 10 lb. I did catch a 5 lb
      >bass once. Bit when the fish aint bitin I could just take a nap if
      >I was fishin from my hammock. I could dream I was cathin biguns or
      >like Marty said, just make up lies.
      >
      >Coy Boy

      That is one thing that I miss about shore fishing when I was growing up in
      California. Getting to just sitting around watching the tide. Kayak fishing
      in the Puget Sound doesn't provide any time to really relax. Even when the
      food fish aren't biting, the sculpin keep you busy.

      To bring this back on topic, I could easily see fishing from the hammock in
      that one shot from Risk's BWCA trip

      --
      David Anderson
      Moderator
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 2, 2003
        > To bring this back on topic, I could easily see fishing from
        > the hammock in that one shot from Risk's BWCA trip

        I've done it fairly commonly. I like to hang by water.

        Really, though, my method of fishing lately is just a hand line tied to a
        bush...

        Shane
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 3, 2003
          David Anderson wrote:

          >To bring this back on topic, I could easily see fishing from the hammock in
          >that one shot from Risk's BWCA trip
          >

          >--

          I'm way to serious about fishing to sit down or lay down while trying to
          lure the little ones into my dinner. However, you are right, it was
          within a short cast of the water.

          Rick
        • martypalucska@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 3, 2003
            Coy Boy, What areas do ya fish ... Marty

            GO CUBS GO

            ><))))*> will work for food, beg to go fishing <*((((><

            Fishing the
            USA and Canada
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fishingtheusaandcanada

          • Coy
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 3, 2003
              Hi Marty

              2 farm ponds mostly, one about 200 yards out my front door (my dads)
              and another about 300 yards out my back door (the neighbors. If I am
              so inclined I will drive about 2 miles down to the lake and fish
              from a bridge (good catfishing at night) or take my canoe and paddle
              up a small creek which empties into the lake. But honestly I only
              fish a few times a year. The lake would be Guntersville Lake in
              northeast Alabama and the ponds would be up on Gunters Mountain
              (Grant Mountian to the locals). The creek would be Honeycomb Creek
              which is the creek I walk to from my house located in Pall-Mill
              Holler. Sometimes I like to fish the small swimming holes for rock
              bass but they are real small and hardly worth fooling with. But
              they are tasty.

              Coy Boy
              So where do you fish. I'm guessing Canada a lot.