Re: Hammock Camping Re: new group

  • David Anderson
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 2, 2003
      At 03:18 AM 10/3/2003 +0000, you wrote:

      >Hi Marty
      >
      >Ok maybe it wasn't spam. You read the list anyways. Glad to have
      >you on board.
      >
      >Coy Boy
      >PS consider it the ultimate bank fishing setup.

      I don't know if I would want to try hammock fishing from the bank during
      certain times of the year around here. I would be willing to give it a try
      when the silvers or pink are running, but a king can put a pretty good pull
      on a line. And we won't even get into what a white sturgeon can do.

      But the idea sure does sound mighty fine, just hanging out with the hook
      out in the water. I might have to try that for flounder fishing.

      --
      David Anderson
      Moderator
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 2, 2003
        Well I pond fish what little fishing I do and about the biggest
        thing I can expect to catch is a cat maybe 10 lb. I did catch a 5 lb
        bass once. Bit when the fish aint bitin I could just take a nap if
        I was fishin from my hammock. I could dream I was cathin biguns or
        like Marty said, just make up lies.

        Coy Boy

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, David Anderson
        <danderson@b...> wrote:
        > At 03:18 AM 10/3/2003 +0000, you wrote:
        >
        > >Hi Marty
        > >
        > >Ok maybe it wasn't spam. You read the list anyways. Glad to have
        > >you on board.
        > >
        > >Coy Boy
        > >PS consider it the ultimate bank fishing setup.
        >
        > I don't know if I would want to try hammock fishing from the bank
        during
        > certain times of the year around here. I would be willing to give
        it a try
        > when the silvers or pink are running, but a king can put a pretty
        good pull
        > on a line. And we won't even get into what a white sturgeon can do.
        >
        > But the idea sure does sound mighty fine, just hanging out with
        the hook
        > out in the water. I might have to try that for flounder fishing.
        >

        > --
        > David Anderson
        > Moderator
        > http://www.BackpackGearTest.org
        >

        > ---
      • David Anderson
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 2, 2003
          At 03:48 AM 10/3/2003 +0000, you wrote:

          >Well I pond fish what little fishing I do and about the biggest
          >thing I can expect to catch is a cat maybe 10 lb. I did catch a 5 lb
          >bass once. Bit when the fish aint bitin I could just take a nap if
          >I was fishin from my hammock. I could dream I was cathin biguns or
          >like Marty said, just make up lies.
          >
          >Coy Boy

          That is one thing that I miss about shore fishing when I was growing up in
          California. Getting to just sitting around watching the tide. Kayak fishing
          in the Puget Sound doesn't provide any time to really relax. Even when the
          food fish aren't biting, the sculpin keep you busy.

          To bring this back on topic, I could easily see fishing from the hammock in
          that one shot from Risk's BWCA trip

          --
          David Anderson
          Moderator
          http://www.BackpackGearTest.org
        • Shane Steinkamp
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 2, 2003
            > To bring this back on topic, I could easily see fishing from
            > the hammock in that one shot from Risk's BWCA trip

            I've done it fairly commonly. I like to hang by water.

            Really, though, my method of fishing lately is just a hand line tied to a
            bush...

            Shane
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 3, 2003
              David Anderson wrote:

              >To bring this back on topic, I could easily see fishing from the hammock in
              >that one shot from Risk's BWCA trip
              >

              >--

              I'm way to serious about fishing to sit down or lay down while trying to
              lure the little ones into my dinner. However, you are right, it was
              within a short cast of the water.

              Rick
            • martypalucska@aol.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 3, 2003
                Coy Boy, What areas do ya fish ... Marty

                GO CUBS GO

                ><))))*> will work for food, beg to go fishing <*((((><

                Fishing the
                USA and Canada
                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fishingtheusaandcanada

              • Coy
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 3, 2003
                  Hi Marty

                  2 farm ponds mostly, one about 200 yards out my front door (my dads)
                  and another about 300 yards out my back door (the neighbors. If I am
                  so inclined I will drive about 2 miles down to the lake and fish
                  from a bridge (good catfishing at night) or take my canoe and paddle
                  up a small creek which empties into the lake. But honestly I only
                  fish a few times a year. The lake would be Guntersville Lake in
                  northeast Alabama and the ponds would be up on Gunters Mountain
                  (Grant Mountian to the locals). The creek would be Honeycomb Creek
                  which is the creek I walk to from my house located in Pall-Mill
                  Holler. Sometimes I like to fish the small swimming holes for rock
                  bass but they are real small and hardly worth fooling with. But
                  they are tasty.

                  Coy Boy
                  So where do you fish. I'm guessing Canada a lot.