Hammock Camping Re: new group

  • Coy
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 2, 2003
      Hi Marty

      Ok maybe it wasn't spam. You read the list anyways. Glad to have
      you on board.

      Coy Boy
      PS consider it the ultimate bank fishing setup.

      -- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, martypalucska@a... wrote:
      > Coy Boy, Never tried fishing from a hammock but you know what it
      sounds like
      > a great relaxing idea ... Thanks, Marty
      >
      > GO CUBS GO
      >
      > ><)))*>early to bed, early to rise, fish all day, make up lies <*
      ((((><

      > Fishing the USA and Canada
      > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fishingtheusaandcanada
    • David Anderson
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 2, 2003
        At 03:18 AM 10/3/2003 +0000, you wrote:

        >Hi Marty
        >
        >Ok maybe it wasn't spam. You read the list anyways. Glad to have
        >you on board.
        >
        >Coy Boy
        >PS consider it the ultimate bank fishing setup.

        I don't know if I would want to try hammock fishing from the bank during
        certain times of the year around here. I would be willing to give it a try
        when the silvers or pink are running, but a king can put a pretty good pull
        on a line. And we won't even get into what a white sturgeon can do.

        But the idea sure does sound mighty fine, just hanging out with the hook
        out in the water. I might have to try that for flounder fishing.

        --
        David Anderson
        Moderator
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 2, 2003
          Well I pond fish what little fishing I do and about the biggest
          thing I can expect to catch is a cat maybe 10 lb. I did catch a 5 lb
          bass once. Bit when the fish aint bitin I could just take a nap if
          I was fishin from my hammock. I could dream I was cathin biguns or
          like Marty said, just make up lies.

          Coy Boy

          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, David Anderson
          <danderson@b...> wrote:
          > At 03:18 AM 10/3/2003 +0000, you wrote:
          >
          > >Hi Marty
          > >
          > >Ok maybe it wasn't spam. You read the list anyways. Glad to have
          > >you on board.
          > >
          > >Coy Boy
          > >PS consider it the ultimate bank fishing setup.
          >
          > I don't know if I would want to try hammock fishing from the bank
          during
          > certain times of the year around here. I would be willing to give
          it a try
          > when the silvers or pink are running, but a king can put a pretty
          good pull
          > on a line. And we won't even get into what a white sturgeon can do.
          >
          > But the idea sure does sound mighty fine, just hanging out with
          the hook
          > out in the water. I might have to try that for flounder fishing.
          >

          > --
          > David Anderson
          > Moderator
          > http://www.BackpackGearTest.org
          >

          > ---
        • David Anderson
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 2, 2003
            At 03:48 AM 10/3/2003 +0000, you wrote:

            >Well I pond fish what little fishing I do and about the biggest
            >thing I can expect to catch is a cat maybe 10 lb. I did catch a 5 lb
            >bass once. Bit when the fish aint bitin I could just take a nap if
            >I was fishin from my hammock. I could dream I was cathin biguns or
            >like Marty said, just make up lies.
            >
            >Coy Boy

            That is one thing that I miss about shore fishing when I was growing up in
            California. Getting to just sitting around watching the tide. Kayak fishing
            in the Puget Sound doesn't provide any time to really relax. Even when the
            food fish aren't biting, the sculpin keep you busy.

            To bring this back on topic, I could easily see fishing from the hammock in
            that one shot from Risk's BWCA trip

            --
            David Anderson
            Moderator
            http://www.BackpackGearTest.org
          • Shane Steinkamp
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 2, 2003
              > To bring this back on topic, I could easily see fishing from
              > the hammock in that one shot from Risk's BWCA trip

              I've done it fairly commonly. I like to hang by water.

              Really, though, my method of fishing lately is just a hand line tied to a
              bush...

              Shane
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 3, 2003
                David Anderson wrote:

                >To bring this back on topic, I could easily see fishing from the hammock in
                >that one shot from Risk's BWCA trip
                >

                >--

                I'm way to serious about fishing to sit down or lay down while trying to
                lure the little ones into my dinner. However, you are right, it was
                within a short cast of the water.

                Rick
              • martypalucska@aol.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 3, 2003
                  Coy Boy, What areas do ya fish ... Marty

                  GO CUBS GO

                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 3, 2003
                    Hi Marty

                    2 farm ponds mostly, one about 200 yards out my front door (my dads)
                    and another about 300 yards out my back door (the neighbors. If I am
                    so inclined I will drive about 2 miles down to the lake and fish
                    from a bridge (good catfishing at night) or take my canoe and paddle
                    up a small creek which empties into the lake. But honestly I only
                    fish a few times a year. The lake would be Guntersville Lake in
                    northeast Alabama and the ponds would be up on Gunters Mountain
                    (Grant Mountian to the locals). The creek would be Honeycomb Creek
                    which is the creek I walk to from my house located in Pall-Mill
                    Holler. Sometimes I like to fish the small swimming holes for rock
                    bass but they are real small and hardly worth fooling with. But
                    they are tasty.

                    Coy Boy
                    So where do you fish. I'm guessing Canada a lot.