Re: Hammock Camping Re: new group

  • martypalucska@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 2, 2003
      Coy Boy, Never tried fishing from a hammock but you know what it sounds like a great relaxing idea ... Thanks, Marty

      GO CUBS GO

      ><)))*>early to bed, early to rise, fish all day, make up lies <*((((><

      Fishing the
      USA and Canada
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fishingtheusaandcanada

    • Coy
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 2, 2003
        Hi Marty

        Ok maybe it wasn't spam. You read the list anyways. Glad to have
        you on board.

        Coy Boy
        PS consider it the ultimate bank fishing setup.

        -- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, martypalucska@a... wrote:
        > Coy Boy, Never tried fishing from a hammock but you know what it
        sounds like
        > a great relaxing idea ... Thanks, Marty
        >
        > GO CUBS GO
        >
        > ><)))*>early to bed, early to rise, fish all day, make up lies <*
        ((((><

        > Fishing the USA and Canada
        > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fishingtheusaandcanada
      • David Anderson
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 2, 2003
          At 03:18 AM 10/3/2003 +0000, you wrote:

          >Hi Marty
          >
          >Ok maybe it wasn't spam. You read the list anyways. Glad to have
          >you on board.
          >
          >Coy Boy
          >PS consider it the ultimate bank fishing setup.

          I don't know if I would want to try hammock fishing from the bank during
          certain times of the year around here. I would be willing to give it a try
          when the silvers or pink are running, but a king can put a pretty good pull
          on a line. And we won't even get into what a white sturgeon can do.

          But the idea sure does sound mighty fine, just hanging out with the hook
          out in the water. I might have to try that for flounder fishing.

          --
          David Anderson
          Moderator
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 2, 2003
            Well I pond fish what little fishing I do and about the biggest
            thing I can expect to catch is a cat maybe 10 lb. I did catch a 5 lb
            bass once. Bit when the fish aint bitin I could just take a nap if
            I was fishin from my hammock. I could dream I was cathin biguns or
            like Marty said, just make up lies.

            Coy Boy

            --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, David Anderson
            <danderson@b...> wrote:
            > At 03:18 AM 10/3/2003 +0000, you wrote:
            >
            > >Hi Marty
            > >
            > >Ok maybe it wasn't spam. You read the list anyways. Glad to have
            > >you on board.
            > >
            > >Coy Boy
            > >PS consider it the ultimate bank fishing setup.
            >
            > I don't know if I would want to try hammock fishing from the bank
            during
            > certain times of the year around here. I would be willing to give
            it a try
            > when the silvers or pink are running, but a king can put a pretty
            good pull
            > on a line. And we won't even get into what a white sturgeon can do.
            >
            > But the idea sure does sound mighty fine, just hanging out with
            the hook
            > out in the water. I might have to try that for flounder fishing.
            >

            > --
            > David Anderson
            > Moderator
            > http://www.BackpackGearTest.org
            >

            > ---
          • David Anderson
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 2, 2003
              At 03:48 AM 10/3/2003 +0000, you wrote:

              >Well I pond fish what little fishing I do and about the biggest
              >thing I can expect to catch is a cat maybe 10 lb. I did catch a 5 lb
              >bass once. Bit when the fish aint bitin I could just take a nap if
              >I was fishin from my hammock. I could dream I was cathin biguns or
              >like Marty said, just make up lies.
              >
              >Coy Boy

              That is one thing that I miss about shore fishing when I was growing up in
              California. Getting to just sitting around watching the tide. Kayak fishing
              in the Puget Sound doesn't provide any time to really relax. Even when the
              food fish aren't biting, the sculpin keep you busy.

              To bring this back on topic, I could easily see fishing from the hammock in
              that one shot from Risk's BWCA trip

              --
              David Anderson
              Moderator
              http://www.BackpackGearTest.org
            • Shane Steinkamp
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 2, 2003
                > To bring this back on topic, I could easily see fishing from
                > the hammock in that one shot from Risk's BWCA trip

                I've done it fairly commonly. I like to hang by water.

                Really, though, my method of fishing lately is just a hand line tied to a
                bush...

                Shane
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 3, 2003
                  David Anderson wrote:

                  >To bring this back on topic, I could easily see fishing from the hammock in
                  >that one shot from Risk's BWCA trip
                  >

                  >--

                  I'm way to serious about fishing to sit down or lay down while trying to
                  lure the little ones into my dinner. However, you are right, it was
                  within a short cast of the water.

                  Rick
                • martypalucska@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 3, 2003
                    Coy Boy, What areas do ya fish ... Marty

                    GO CUBS GO

                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 3, 2003
                      Hi Marty

                      2 farm ponds mostly, one about 200 yards out my front door (my dads)
                      and another about 300 yards out my back door (the neighbors. If I am
                      so inclined I will drive about 2 miles down to the lake and fish
                      from a bridge (good catfishing at night) or take my canoe and paddle
                      up a small creek which empties into the lake. But honestly I only
                      fish a few times a year. The lake would be Guntersville Lake in
                      northeast Alabama and the ponds would be up on Gunters Mountain
                      (Grant Mountian to the locals). The creek would be Honeycomb Creek
                      which is the creek I walk to from my house located in Pall-Mill
                      Holler. Sometimes I like to fish the small swimming holes for rock
                      bass but they are real small and hardly worth fooling with. But
                      they are tasty.

                      Coy Boy
                      So where do you fish. I'm guessing Canada a lot.