weights

  • Coy
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2003
      I just went to the post office to do a little checking.
      I weighed my homemade hammock with ropes, a borrowed sil-nylon
      diamond fly from one of my HH Ultralight Backpackers and my Black
      Diamond Beta Light sinse seam sealing. I added a prussic rope knot
      to my silnylon fly so I could attach it to the homemade hammock
      line. I tried it out and it works just fine even with the extra sag
      in my homemade hammock lines as opposed to the rather straight ridge
      line with the Hennessy Hammock. For another ounce or 2 I could add
      enough line to suspend the fly independent of the hammock.

      Homemade Hammock with ropes 14 oz
      Sil-nylon HH fly with necessacary ropes for hanging 7.2 oz
      Total 21.2 oz
      Possibly need to add 2 stakes to this and at least a face bug
      netting. I left out pad weights as I would need one for any ground
      shelter anyways.

      BD Beta Light after seam sealing 20.6 oz
      7 required stakes 4 oz
      Total 24.6 oz

      Not really trying to compare the 2 as the Beta Light is a 2 person
      shelter and wins the weight war by quite a bit if you devide its
      weight in half. But I forgot to weigh my Tyvec ground cloth which
      I'm guessing is 6 oz and the Beta Bug for summertime use. Also, as
      I solo a lot I would count the total anyways. What it boils down to
      is the Beta Light would be awsome in insect free weather for 2
      people if we did not have to sleep on the ground. I am just
      satisfing my own courosity really.

      Coy Boy
    • ra1@imrisk.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2003
        Quoting Coy <starnescr@...>:

        > I just went to the post office to do a little checking.
        > I weighed my homemade hammock with ropes, a borrowed sil-nylon
        > diamond fly from one of my HH Ultralight Backpackers and my Black
        > Diamond Beta Light sinse seam sealing. I added a prussic rope knot
        > to my silnylon fly so I could attach it to the homemade hammock
        > line. I tried it out and it works just fine even with the extra sag
        > in my homemade hammock lines as opposed to the rather straight ridge
        > line with the Hennessy Hammock. For another ounce or 2 I could add
        > enough line to suspend the fly independent of the hammock.

        Coy,

        I am sorry to have to tell you this, but you are hooked. Hooked bad.

        Have fun!

        Register a Domain and get Hosting included @ http://www.catalog.com!