Re: Hammock Camping first attempt at a homemade hammock

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2003
      Coy wrote:

      > I used a basic ovehead knot.

      Ah, I see Coy.
      This is your problem.
      Be careful if it is a slip knot.

      What Ed recommends is an overhand knot, not one that goes around your neck.

      ;)

      Seriously, take another look at what Ed has in the book.
      Take the time to tie it several times until it is just right.

      BTW, FWIW, AFAIK, the knot in the cloth can always be untied, though Ed
      says it eventually gets stuck. I have slept in the hammock for weeks on
      end and then been able (given 15 minutes of effort) to untie the knot in
      the cloth.

      Rick
    • Coy
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2003
        It's all Rosaleens fault. Ever since she made fun of my spelling it
        has been a curse LOL.

        Coy Boy
        PS I think I'll wear my ovealls to church tonight. Fall is
        definatly in the air. I'll be back online arond 8:30 if my expertice
        is needed. LOL