RE: Silnylon question and Hammock report

  • Jim Rubino
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2003
      I wanted to thank everyone for the answers on the material. I will skip the
      Silnylon, since it seems to be too fragile, and while Spectra seems great, I
      think it may be a bit cost prohibitive and it is special order only. I think
      I will try the waterproof oxford cloth or cordura. As my testing continues
      through the winter (well when I find something that works) I will let
      everyone know. I basically want something that packs down fairly well so
      that I can keep in in my saddlebags. But since this will be more punishment
      than most hammocks will have to withstand, it may be useful information for
      anyone looking for a "bombproof" hammock and/or tarp.

      Thanks again for the help.