Re: Hammock Camping Silnylon question and Hammock report

  • ra1@imrisk.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30, 2003
      Or waterproof oxford cloth or cordura. Now that's good stuff!

      Rick

      Quoting Bill Fornshell <bfornshell@...>:

      > Hi, If this is attached to your Bike, why don't you
      > think about using "Spectra" ?? Bill

      Get your own personalized domain name with hosting included for just $35 @ http://www.catalog.com!
    • Jim Rubino
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2003
        I wanted to thank everyone for the answers on the material. I will skip the
        Silnylon, since it seems to be too fragile, and while Spectra seems great, I
        think it may be a bit cost prohibitive and it is special order only. I think
        I will try the waterproof oxford cloth or cordura. As my testing continues
        through the winter (well when I find something that works) I will let
        everyone know. I basically want something that packs down fairly well so
        that I can keep in in my saddlebags. But since this will be more punishment
        than most hammocks will have to withstand, it may be useful information for
        anyone looking for a "bombproof" hammock and/or tarp.

        Thanks again for the help.