Re: Hammock Camping Silnylon question and Hammock report

  • Bill Fornshell
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30, 2003
      Hi, If this is attached to your Bike, why don't you
      think about using "Spectra" ?? Bill

      http://shopping.yahoo.com
    • ra1@imrisk.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 30, 2003
        Or waterproof oxford cloth or cordura. Now that's good stuff!

        Rick

        Quoting Bill Fornshell <bfornshell@...>:

        > Hi, If this is attached to your Bike, why don't you
        > think about using "Spectra" ?? Bill

        Get your own personalized domain name with hosting included for just $35 @ http://www.catalog.com!
      • Jim Rubino
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2003
          I wanted to thank everyone for the answers on the material. I will skip the
          Silnylon, since it seems to be too fragile, and while Spectra seems great, I
          think it may be a bit cost prohibitive and it is special order only. I think
          I will try the waterproof oxford cloth or cordura. As my testing continues
          through the winter (well when I find something that works) I will let
          everyone know. I basically want something that packs down fairly well so
          that I can keep in in my saddlebags. But since this will be more punishment
          than most hammocks will have to withstand, it may be useful information for
          anyone looking for a "bombproof" hammock and/or tarp.

          Thanks again for the help.