Re: Hammock Camping string it tight? Getting Wet??

  • Mirage
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 29, 2003
      The marker idea works except on dark colors of silnyl.

      I found that my kids sidewalk chalk (school chalk did NOT work, too dense) worked
      great. Take it outside and grind it to an sharp edge on the driveway (or other rough
      surface you don't mind marking up).

      Now use that "sharp" edge of sidewalk chalk to mark your lines or whatever on the
      Silnyl.

      I tried everything I could find, including my wifes sewing marking pencil, and this was
      the only thing I could find to mark the black silnyl I was working with.

      Hope that helps.

      Shane "Mirage"...

      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 30, 2003
        Message
        The only thing I've found to mark on silnylon is black magic marker type pens, but the mark may not come off.  We make our tarp patterns from heavy cotton cloth and then pin that to silnylon and cut along the edges.  Have used white butcher paper also for patterns (comes in rolls like AL foil--buy at grocery store).  Now if I just had one of those $million laser cutting tables.....Ed