Re: Hammock Camping string it tight? Getting Wet??

  • ciyd01
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 29, 2003
      Dry erase markers work and the marks rub right off.

      ciyd

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "haluk" <haluk.yildiz@k...>
      wrote:
      > Could you please let me know how can I chalk the pattern on Sili
      fabric. Neither markers nor soaps work
      > haluk
    • Mirage
      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 29, 2003
        The marker idea works except on dark colors of silnyl.

        I found that my kids sidewalk chalk (school chalk did NOT work, too dense) worked
        great. Take it outside and grind it to an sharp edge on the driveway (or other rough
        surface you don't mind marking up).

        Now use that "sharp" edge of sidewalk chalk to mark your lines or whatever on the
        Silnyl.

        I tried everything I could find, including my wifes sewing marking pencil, and this was
        the only thing I could find to mark the black silnyl I was working with.

        Hope that helps.

        Shane "Mirage"...

        Message 3 of 20 , Sep 30, 2003
          Message
          The only thing I've found to mark on silnylon is black magic marker type pens, but the mark may not come off.  We make our tarp patterns from heavy cotton cloth and then pin that to silnylon and cut along the edges.  Have used white butcher paper also for patterns (comes in rolls like AL foil--buy at grocery store).  Now if I just had one of those $million laser cutting tables.....Ed